Pumpkins, apple cider and cooler weather have arrived and along with fall comes a new season of fashion. Now is the perfect time to transition your summer clothes into the cooler temperatures by adding a few must-haves. Here are five equestrian-inspired fashion essentials that we love both for work or play.
1) Boyfriend sweater. A chunky boyfriend sweater looks great over jeans and can take your dress from summer to fall in a minute. If you feel it might be too slouchy, pair the sweater with a belt to accentuate your waist.
2) Skinny jeans. Skinny jeans are the Jill-of-all-trades for fall, especially in dark denim and black, which can easily be worn to work. I love skinny jeans tucked into boots.
3) Scarf. Scarves are so versatile; a neutral and lightweight material can transition through all of the seasons, while a dark knit scarf will keep you warm. If you wear a lot of basics or neutral colors, go for a bright shade to make your outfit pop. I like how a scarf can make you stand out even in the strictest dress codes.
4) One trendy item. Trends are always changing and what trend will work for you really depends your personal style. What might have been a trend twenty, ten or even five years ago could now be a classic. If you are not sure about buying a trendy item, opt for neutral colors, so it is not as big of a commitment. One of my favorite trends this fall is the color blue from from royal to navy.
5) Boots. There are so many choices when it comes to boots. Black, brown, leather or suede. Then do you want a heel or a pair of flats? Choosing a boot is similar to finding a significant other, the pair needs to be dependable, keep you balanced and overall be a great fit. This fall I will be sporting my new favorite riding boots.
Find Lexington PR’s Equestrian Inspired Essentials on Polyvore.com